Guppy acting really wierd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mPhish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, I'm brand-new to this site!:fish2: My fancy guppy was being really odd yesterday. He was just sitting on the gravel in the corner. Not bloated, no white stuff or sticking out scales, just sitting there. When i would go over to check on him, he swam away really fast and would act like he was on high alert. He would always go back to the corner. He seems fine today, swimming around like normal. I don't know what was wrong with him, please tell me if you know! :confused:

PS

I tested the water this morning, everything was normal, and my other guppies are healthy (I have 5 in a 10 gal, that's it ) Pne of my plants is losing leaves, but if that was a reason, it would harm all the fish, right? I can post a picture if needed.

Bottom line, if he's fine now; all is well
Good luck!
~Zac

Sounds like just scared, fish do get 'fright" sometimes, its their natural predator response, maybe something in the tank scares him, check if the air pump is rattling loud on the tank or the stand, that will sometimes scare fish and make them act this way.

Back
Top Bottom