Guppy birth problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my 2 female guppies is not swimming around like the other one. She is sticking near the heater and every so often there will be a baby swimming around. She gave birth to 8 last night at about 9:00 and and hasn't moved much. A male and another female guppy are in with her along with 4 Apple snails and all of them are in a 10 gallon. Here are the parameters:
Ammonia = 5 ppm (trying to get this to 0 ppm)
PH = 7.6
Here is a picture of her ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422908466.605133.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Here is a better picture
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422910137.525827.jpg

The ammonia is way too high. I don't think anything is wrong with her, but if this behavior persists for over a week, I would start worrying. Give her some time, she might be constipated (if thats the case, feed her shelled peas and shrimp.) or she could be really slowly birthing. Hope she's well.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

I turned on their light today and she was dead ?. I knew it was her first time because she was really small and I had only got her a few days ago. The stress was just too much.

Poor thing :(. I had an endler die the other day when I was water changing. I lost all my other endlers I think because they jumped out of the tank and were eaten by my cat. All disappeared one day.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Back
Top Bottom