guppy deadD:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plecopsycho

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought 3 guppys yesterday and today i woke up this morning and my male guppys tail is missing plus its dead....what happebed?

What size tank do you have? What's your water profile?

Are there any other inhabitants in the tank? Are the other guppies male/female?

Keep in mind that guppies are often just have bad genetics and just drop dead.

Ok i have a 55 gallon with 8 baby mollies and 2 adults,2 guppys(both female), 1baby bristlenose pleco,1common pleco,3ghost shrimp,2 albino Buenos aires tetra,4 blue ram cicblids,1 albino rainbow shark,15white cloud minnows,1mystery snail,and 1 black khuili loach and i do a 25%water change a week. The weird thing about the guppy that died was it hid itself in a corner and tried to stay away from them

Then it probably felt threatened. Best guess, something took offense to the male guppy-- cichlid or rainbow shark?

Do you have any way to isolate and narrow down the suspects? Worried that you might lose a bunch of fish.

Ive seen my blue rams chase away fish from a certain spot. Also i have seen my rainbow shark chase my albino buenos aires tetras but he only has chased them also my molly bother eachother sometimes

They are but the guppys may have threatened them. They are peaceful yes but they are under the aggressive category....its like having a pet monkey. It cannattack amd feel threatened at any moment. Also a guppy is a feeder fish...it may have looked like food to them.

I have a baby albino brissle nose pleco and a common pleco and i figured they would ignore them because of the white cloud minnows

Back
Top Bottom