Guppy fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AC-X2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been noticing that one of my male guppys tail has been looking strange. I believe it's fin rot. I don't know how he got. I don't want my other fish to get it either. What can I do to cure him and prevent it from spreading?

Thanks!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390837147.625140.jpg

What else have you got in the tank? It looks more like It's been nipped to me than fin rot.
If it is fin rot, the first thing you should do is make sure your water stays clean. Lots of partial water changes should help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What else have you got in the tank? It looks more like It's been nipped to me than fin rot.
If it is fin rot, the first thing you should do is make sure your water stays clean. Lots of partial water changes should help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have two other male guppies, six neon tetras, three cory cats, and one golden gourami. I've never seen any nipping going on and to me it doesn't really look like its been been nipped.

Today I did a thorough cleaning. I only tested the ammonia, which was fine. Are there any meds I can buy? I also have some aquarium salt I got several years back if that could be of help.

Back
Top Bottom