Guppy fish looks like got a hump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Assuming your feeding generic tropical fish food, not crushed up styraphoam and worms, then your fish is not Vitamin D deficent.
You will probably notice others come down with this condition. I forget what causes it, although i think there may not be a single cause.
And they will get this way, both male and female, when old.
Ill keep looking for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here please give this a read. I still dont really understand this affliction, but it has happened to me before in my long and eventful journey to understanding fish disease.
If your interested in microbiology and understaning marine genetics diversity and pathogens, guppies are definately a good choice for at least one tank!

https://www.petcha.com/overcoming-the-shimmies-in-tropical-fish/

???
Agreed , sometimes that's just best. Nobody likes to do that, but after a certain point as hobbyists as in real life (grew upon large livestock farm) it's just the more humane thing Vs. watching them suffer forever.

So sorry about your loss, don't let it deter you from getting more guppies or gourami. I've had both with minimal loses.

There is a nutrient deficiency that causes a bent spine in fish, I just stumbled across it while down the google rabbit hole, I believe it's something that can't be fixed however, because it happens when they are fry and it causes issues as they grow, so not something you always catch right away.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom