guppy looks "hunch backed"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleckobear

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a tank of 6 guppies all of which were born in my tank and I noticed one grew up to have a hunched looking back.anyone know if this is healthy? All the fish and plants are very healthy and flourishing it seems like but my one guppy looks a bit deformed. Lol anyone see this before? Here's a picture. :)

ForumRunner_20130508_232603.jpg

Check out Igor now! He's a healthy fish but just weird looking. Lol thanks for the comments guys/girls :)

ForumRunner_20130606_163515.jpg

Are you talking about the orange guppy in the back? I've got two of those, 3 blue guppies, 2 plecostomous and some assassin snails. My tank has come a long way and is finally very healthy and doing well. My plants are out of control though, I just trimmed them all back.

That sucks, that's kinda why I'm not mixing a bunch of different fish together anymore. I noticed I started having problems doing that so now its just guppies and pleckos and it seems to be working out pretty good

My momma guppy now has some black around her mouth and she's not eating. I think she's dying. Anyone know what this could be? This happened to one of my other guppies right before she died.

Other than that i would need to do research and if you could get a picture of the fish that would be great so i have something to compare

That guppy died finally. All the other fish are happy and healthy though. I think it was just her time.

Keep an eye on the others too in case it's some kind of fungus that found it's way into your tank. Sorry for the loss, I love the color and spunk of guppys!

Back
Top Bottom