Guppy not swimming?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrono1081

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

I have a fancytail guppy thats acting strange. I'm not sure if he/she is sick or not.

He will often just lay on the bottom of the tank, under a piece of fake drift wood. He's not sideways, he's vertical but he just sits there and doesn't move.

Recently he took to just sitting right near the filter intake. Again, he doesn't move, he just is there, stuck against the intake. If I tap my fingers near him he will swim away for a few minutes but then go right back there. Again, he's not sideways, he's vertical and when he does swim he swims normally.

Any suggestions? I can't put him in my quarantine tank just yet because I just dosed it (I think its cycle died since my ammonia is no longer dropping overnight :/ )

Your fish most likely has ammonia poisoning. I had the same problem and the fish died. Can we see a pic of the guppy?

Sadly he died :( Ammonia levels were zero, occasionally I get a reading and change the water immediately.

Although my tank appeared to be cycled before I added fish (4ppm ammonia added the night before dropped to 0 by the next morning), I don't think it was :/

I lost all three ghost shrimp and that guppy even though all of my water parameters were good except for pH which I still have not found a way to control. Its 6.0 or below and absolutely nothing is working to keep it any higher :(

Back
Top Bottom