guppy pooping white poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well guys... that great news didn't last that long... they are all pooping white again.... what is going on? I just did a 50% water change to get the food and poop out. I might have seen a baby poop white im not quite sure. What do i do now?
Edit
The absolute only thing they will eat and not spit out is freeze dried bloodworms!! They won't even eat peas anymore. I think they ate some bloodworms soaked in garlic so i will do that for tomorrow morning.. do i just feed them bloodworms for a while? Their checks (gills) all look quite pink to me.

Whatever they will eat! Give it a bit and hopefully it'll clear up! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whatever they will eat! Give it a bit and hopefully it'll clear up! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did garlic for two days and that's all. I have some food that's been in garlic still. I might feed them some more soon. I have come to the conclusion that its just the color of their poop.... i had a lot of white little bugs on the walls and if you watch closely the guppies eat everyone then see. Maybe its the bugs they eat coming out? Half the time their poop id brown and the other time is white. All the babies poop white. I just fed them some spinach that i had frozen and blanched for my pleco.. they love it!! I am going to assume their poop will be green now.. haha! The three guppies have been 'squared off' for almost a week now.. they really need to have their babies already. On an un related note, i have an un opened bag of tropical fish flakes but its expired... what should i do? Does it have no benefit to the fish since its expired?

As long as the fish appear to be healthy, then I don't see a problem. Especially since you've tried to make it brown! :p
How expired is expired? Is it sealed? If it's barely expired and its sealed, I'd give it a sniff to see if it smells fresh still. Otherwise, I'd toss it and buy new. Nothing's probably wrong with it, chemically speaking, but its probably stale and won't taste good to the fish. :)

As long as the fish appear to be healthy, then I don't see a problem. Especially since you've tried to make it brown! :p
How expired is expired? Is it sealed? If it's barely expired and its sealed, I'd give it a sniff to see if it smells fresh still. Otherwise, I'd toss it and buy new. Nothing's probably wrong with it, chemically speaking, but its probably stale and won't taste good to the fish. :)

Yes it is still sealed but its a year expired... it was in the back and its a huge bag of fish food flakes. I do have another bag that is good for a year. I bought them at the same time but didn't check the dates... i hate it went they sell bags that expire in a few days... and for the fish. I fed then spinach and their poop was dark green. I believe that is normal. Maybe the flakes are really light in color or something. They are kind of picky when eating but they do eat. I believe i have one with anal prolapse or something?... i can't remember the name of it. There is a tube sticking out of one of the females but... its not poop since she poops through it

Yes it is still sealed but its a year expired... it was in the back and its a huge bag of fish food flakes. I do have another bag that is good for a year. I bought them at the same time but didn't check the dates... i hate it went they sell bags that expire in a few days... and for the fish. I fed then spinach and their poop was dark green. I believe that is normal. Maybe the flakes are really light in color or something. They are kind of picky when eating but they do eat. I believe i have one with anal prolapse or something?... i can't remember the name of it. There is a tube sticking out of one of the females but... its not poop since she poops through it
I think I had seen your thread about that! How is that going? Have you found a way to get that fixed? I'll go read the thread after this, but could it be Hexamita? It can cause prolapsed rectum and also lack of appetite, weight loss, and white/clear poo. Anyway, I will check out your other thread!
Since that fish food expired a year ago, I personally wouldn't trust it anymore. It might taste stale to the fish, and from the sounds of it, they are being kind of picky on what they'r eating these days. That is funny that the spinach turned their poo dark green. :lol:

I think I had seen your thread about that! How is that going? Have you found a way to get that fixed? I'll go read the thread after this, but could it be Hexamita? It can cause prolapsed rectum and also lack of appetite, weight loss, and white/clear poo. Anyway, I will check out your other thread!
Since that fish food expired a year ago, I personally wouldn't trust it anymore. It might taste stale to the fish, and from the sounds of it, they are being kind of picky on what they'r eating these days. That is funny that the spinach turned their poo dark green. :lol:

Yes i will just throw it out... sad that i have to but if it won't do anything then its worthless. Yes, whatever color they eat that's basically what color it is.

Back
Top Bottom