Guppy seems sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackHammer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just noticed my Guppy looks unwell. Over the last two days i have noticed that it has been staying near the bottom and appears to be breathing quite heavily. i have just looked at him and he seems to have some discoloration (could be me) but on the end of his tail fin it seems to be a little brown. i dont know if other fish have been nipping at it or whats going on....

I have had the tank for almost 2 months (since the 1st of October).

I have had serious ammonia problems due to terrible advice when i got my tank (this is my first) but it is now getting to much lower levels, due to its cycling the nitrate levels have been quite high but i have been doing 1/3 water changes every 2-3 days.

I will do a water test but in the mean time, does anyone have any experience with this or know what it is?

* I have a 34lt Aqua Style tank. I have 1 Dwarf Gourami, 1 Guppy, 2 Neon Tetras, 1 Leopard Danio, 1 Zebra Danio, 1 Pearl Danio and 1 Bristlenose Catfish. Black painted rock substrate and a few plants. The tank is kept around 24-26 degrees Celsius. *

here is a picture just taken of the guppy.

i have done a water test and the results are as follows;

PH - 6.4
Ammonia - 0 - 0.25ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 5ppm

Attachments

• IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 68
I'm sorry for your loss. Maybe it was because of the ammonia issues in the past.

He looked kind of skinny. Is that just the lighting or did he lose weight?

Back
Top Bottom