guppy sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtanee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think one of my guppies isn't doing so well. Hes usually the most active one of the bunch. Since last night hrs been breathing very rapidly and not swimming. Hrs either sitting at the bottom of the tank or on my penny wort or guppy grass not moving. I just did a water change waiting for the test results I just did, but everyone else seems fine and I know if it was something with the water the shrimp would be showing it too(all females have eggs). I don't see any spots or anything unnatural about him other than the fast breathing and sitting around. All other fish are healthy. Also baby guppies in there too
Any ideas?
ForumRunner_20130215_091651.jpg

ForumRunner_20130215_091703.jpg

That guppy is pine coned which is a sure sign of bloat. Unfortunately you can try feeding blanched peas that are mushed up. Otherwise unfortunately the best thing to do is euthanize it so it does not suffer. Once a fish is pine coned then its almost impossible to rectify the problem. What so you feed your fish? Anything with spiraluna as the first ingredient?

I will have to check, I feed them spinach 2x a week and food I use my brother-in-law has been feeding his fish for years (they are about 4 years old)

Back
Top Bottom