Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-22-2003, 12:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Guppy wont eat!

I currently have 5 zebra danios, 4 ghost shrimp, and 3 guppies(2 adult, 1 fry). I give my fish flacks, bloodworms and brine shrimp. My female guppy dosn't move much not even for food. I have her separated from the rest in this multipurpose breeding thing. And she still wont eat. Both my guppies were introduced 2 days ago. My male just recently started eating food. I don't know if my female ate brine shrimp or not but it dosn't act healthy to begin with. Their isn't any physical damage eigther. I don't think she's pregnant caus she's not fat but it does have some black behind her stumick. Any help whould be appreciated

It died, I guess I still have a female but she can't breed for another month.

Some of my greatest thoughts have ended in a semi-colon.
"Work hard and it might happen."
- XSquared
"Don't be afraid to be paranoid."
- The Mentor
1veedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Its possible she hasn't handled the transition well, as she is quite new to the tank. Its also possible you got a sick fish from the lfs.

Sometimes people use fish food soaked in garlic oil (like the stuff you squeeze out of those garlic gel pills) to entice a fish to eat.

You might want to look at isolating her in a separate tank in case she IS sick. You don't want to infect the others, and its easier to medicate ina QT tank as opposed to the main tank if it comes to that.

*glares at Terry and QTOFFER*

Card carrying member of FTAS & GCAS.
Allivymar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eat, guppy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com