Guppy wont eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1veedo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have 5 zebra danios, 4 ghost shrimp, and 3 guppies(2 adult, 1 fry). I give my fish flacks, bloodworms and brine shrimp. My female guppy dosn't move much not even for food. I have her separated from the rest in this multipurpose breeding thing. And she still wont eat. Both my guppies were introduced 2 days ago. My male just recently started eating food. I don't know if my female ate brine shrimp or not but it dosn't act healthy to begin with. Their isn't any physical damage eigther. I don't think she's pregnant caus she's not fat but it does have some black behind her stumick. Any help whould be appreciated :(

:drain: It died, :( I guess I still have a female but she can't breed for another month.

Its possible she hasn't handled the transition well, as she is quite new to the tank. Its also possible you got a sick fish from the lfs.

Sometimes people use fish food soaked in garlic oil (like the stuff you squeeze out of those garlic gel pills) to entice a fish to eat.

You might want to look at isolating her in a separate tank in case she IS sick. You don't want to infect the others, and its easier to medicate ina QT tank as opposed to the main tank if it comes to that.

Back
Top Bottom