Guppy's dropping like ROCKS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hitm4n666

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok hello every one
i have a 25 gallon hexagon tank (i think its a 25 gallon)
i have around
7 neon tetras
6 red and black type neon tetras
4 black tetras
2 red tetras
3 red eyes tetras
1 common pleco
3 red platys
2 yellow platys
so far 1 female guppy and 1 male guppy (how long u think they will last?)
but as of last monday i had 4 female and 2 male guppies now i only have 1:1 it sucks i changed 50% of my water with that gravel vac and changed my filters charcoal and sponge filter white mat thingy and bought a air pump for some bubbles in the tank samething with a plastic plant!

First: You have way too many fish in your tank. This stresses out your fish and kills them.

Second: Everyone is going to ask you this, what are your ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte levels and is your tank cycled? (How long have you had your tank? When did you put fish in?)

Third: I don't think you want to change the sponge filter white mat thing because that's where your beneficial bacteria live. (Right?)

ya i kinda figured i had 2many fish im tryin to get my dads 75 gallon tank but he says the electric bill will be sky high erm!

The water parameters will be the first step in determining what is wrong with your fish. Also what is your water change schedule and how much each time. What kind of filter do you have?

Back
Top Bottom