Guys Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyanRan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't really get you guys a better pic, but this has to be Ich. They are covered in white. Some not very much, some not at all. I was gone for 5 days on a trip, my fish were doing wonderful. And now they look like crap. They were fed ad usual, so I don't know what happened.

Attachments

• image-1819493285.jpg
    image-1819493285.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 80
It was a person feeding them. I can walk you through it. I left Tuesday morning. Fed them Monday. my friend fed them Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. That's it! The only other thing I can say is, I dosed one capful of flourish comprehensive before I went to bed on Monday night.

I'm going to increase the temperature up to 86F for 10 days, while keeping my water level low enough to allow the aquaclear to aerate the water.

Keep in mind, just becuase there is no spots does not always mean ich is gone. Normal strain of ich can live 2-4 days without a host and can only be killed in the free swim stage. Once the spots are gone, keep treating for another week to be safe.

So one of my black phantom tetras was dead this morning when I woke up. Another one looks essentially dead as well. He hardly ever moves. Anything I can do? Or is it a goner?

Easy I got rid of my ich in half a week I raided the temperature to about 84-85 and drove the ick disease off the fish to at which point the ick becomes vulnerable to treatment then I did a big water change and the whole disease went away with no fish dead or any side medication needed good luck mans

When you say treated, do you mean used chemicals? Or did you just raise the temp and do water changes?

Ok guys. I'm about 3 days into this over 86F cycle of my tank. Since the start I have lost 3 of my black phantom tetras (which I think is a good number actually). I have been doing daily water changes, but three of my bentos tetras still have the white spots covering them, and they are breathing really quickly. Gasping for air? My filter is still oxygenating the water well. What else can I do now? The rest of my fish look ok, with only a few other with minor white spots in places.

Well I thought salt was bad for my plants. Should I be using meds? The site I was linked to said that increasing the temp and doing water changes should get rid of it.

If I turn the temp to 89.5 it should kill the ich, correct? I kind of want to do that. Just to save these three or so fish that are close to dying. Hopefully that hot water will be ok for them.

Back
Top Bottom