Half eaten fish with white spot??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess1982

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi All

I need some urgent help as I am in a bit of a panic. I woke up this morning to see my one eyed panda moor floating on her side with a new fish eating her! She was absolutely fine last night when I fed her (I know because I feed her by hand as she can't see well with only one eye). After quickly taking her out the tank I notice that she now seems to be covered in what looks like Ich and has a fair bit of flesh eaten away on one side by this other fish. She is breathing strongly considering and can still move all her fins but is floating side ways (wound up).

I have put her in a quarantine tank and added Esha 2000 (main ingredients ethacridine lactate, copper sulphate and proflavine hemisulphate) as it treats ulcers and wounds but am concerned about these spots. Could Ich really have taken hold in 12 hours?? In which case, do I use Ich treatment instead of Esha 2000? And should I use salt?

So far I have just added 25% old tank water, 75% clean water, water conditioner (prime) and Esha treatment. The nitrate comes out my tap high at around 40ppm but is it wise you use Tetra Nitrate minus with the wound and other treatment? I am concerned about adding too many chemicals.

Just as a foot note, it is worth mentioning that the other fish chewing on her is new to the tank - only introduced on Sunday. He has been in quarantine and treated with 2 courses of Esha for 2 weeks before adding to the main tank. No other fish are showing any sign of injury or spots.

Any advice would be much appreciated! I know you shouldn't have favourites but this fish has been through so much she is my favourite! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom