Harlequin problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScotJudd

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of my Harlequins has two white growths, one on the top of the body, near to the tail, where it's at its narrowest. The other is on the underside at the same place. Its boy woolly looking and doesn't extend beyond the body very far. It looks like it could have been bitten across this narrow part but I can't think what in the tank could have done it apart from one of the other harlequins. It's been like this for about 5 days and doesn't seem to be changing. Any ideas?
I can't catch it, it's in a very heavily planted tank and he is still dead nippy and feeds well. Ditto for a picture, just can't snap the little devil. I can't medicate as I have red cherry shrimp, hundreds, so they can't be removed.
The water is pristine and I also run a UV filter.
Any ideas what it could be?
I'll try for a picture at the next feed.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If you believe the site of growths is injury related then it is likely a fungas issue.
Doesn't sound like any treatments are possible.
If the fish was catchable then a MB bath/dip would probably work, but in tank with plants and shrimp ????

Today the white bits seem to reducing in size. The water quality is very good and I have an efficient, and correctly set up, UV filter running all the time so I am a little hopeful that this is an impact injury initially and not something highly contagious.

Sent from my iPad in West Yorkshire, U.K.

Back
Top Bottom