Has the High Temp Tx for Ich Worked for You or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Did High Temps Work for Your Fish?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Allivymar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hiya folks!

I'm trying to get an idea of the success rates of the high temp treatment, and since I know quite a few of us have given it a go since I wrote the article, thought I'd take a poll.

If you used it in combination with anything else, make sure you mention what so I have a clearer picture :) Also, if you remember, what temp you kept the tank at and for how long.

And I'll start LOL Used it twice; once in combination with the salt treatment, and once with heat alone, both times at 88F and both for 2 weeks. Both treatments were completely successful.

I voted YES...but I have to add the proviso that I also used 1/2 strength Aquari-Sol along with the heat.

worked for me, i did use a half dose of ick clear until the temp got up to 88+ though.

It sure worked - heat all by itself...not a single spot left. They've been at 88-89 degrees for just over a week, and I'm going to keep the heat up for the rest of the two week period to make sure there are no spores surviving off the fish.

I did the high temps but after a few days I got ancy and used ich meds for a few days...so I guess I did a combo treatment, but it worked!

It worked for me. I have about 2-3 days left of high temps and I am hoping to be home free. Haven't seen anymore spots.

You guys are great!

I've had people question the efficacy of the treatment, and while there is a bunch of documentation that it works, personal experience is a much better way of showing it can be done :)

Im hoping more folks pipe up and let us know (and yes, even you folks who were not successful - want to hear from you too). I think this thread will help folks be more comfortable treating without meds in a safe and effective way.

I'd have to say yes and no... My first bout with ich, no. I ended up using Quick Cure. I also had issues with my heater and thermometer(s).

My second bout, yes. The last two platies I bought went into QT, and after a day one had ich. I upped the temp and voila! Gone, no meds necessary. It's a month later, and no sign of ich since.

I cheated a little, I used the med and the heat. (just wanted to be sure). But for me the meds alone didn't seem to do much (maybe it's the directions on the bottle :roll: ).

nope,
after two weeks in 88, I saw new spots. I had to use nox ich, temp stayed high though.
But, to keep the temp up, I needed to keep lights on all the time for a total of 3 weeks. Just today I got back down to 80. stress on fish was terrible. They all freak out whenever anybody is around the tank, esp[especially pearl gouramis. And I used to be able to hold them in my hands in the water while eating before it all happened.
I can not tell if combination of meds and temp made fish so skittish, but it does not look good. They run so fast that they injure themselves on rocks and filter. Nicks and scratches all over. I think I will try to use meds next time, since I had to use them anyway. :(

Back
Top Bottom