Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Exclamation Have a sick fish or want to prevent when introducing? Try this

When you notice a fish of yours you love a lot is sick, your heart tends to stop doesn't it? Dropsy, fin rot, mouthrot, and bacterial diseases similar to them, can enter a tank as fast as you can place them in. The best way to keep your beloved pet healthy is too keep a water change and keep an eye on water quality. But if you care to take an extra precaution, some of these items tend to help keep your fish lively and happy.

• Voogle First Aide for Fish: Voogle can be used when you find your fish isn't feeling too well by boosting immunity and helping the fishes natural healing process. (No aquarium owner should be with out it!) Safe for both Salt and Freshwater fish and safe for shrimps, corals, invertebrates, and isn't harmful to aquarium plants. Prices range, and use one cap of voogle for every 10 gallons
  • Aquarium Salt: A little bit of aquarium salt (tablespoon per 5 gallons) can help a freshwater fish release it's bladder a little easier, and reduces stress and can slow or stop the growth of parasites and fungus. It has been proven very helpful towards Livebearers. *Cory Cats have low tolerance for salt; not recommended to use if you have Cory cats
  • RO water: Specially purified water through a special membrane, very good for soft-water fish
  • Tonic: Produces conditions similar to your fishes natural environment. It comes in many varieties so read labels before you add anything!
  • Dechlorinators: neutralizes chlorine and chloramine to protect a fishes gills and life; since chlorine and chloramine can cause browning in gills and can cause death
Lemme know if this helps!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

If your fish is sick the Voogle or Aquarium salt should be added prior and has helped in saving my fish many times over so those are my high recommendations

Old 01-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Edit: Half of the dose of salt can be successful with Corys
Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've successfully used a half-dose salt with corys. Many others have, too.

I believe garlic has the same effect as the Voogle, although I've never heard of Voogle until a few days ago, in this forum.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post
I've successfully used a half-dose salt with corys. Many others have, too.

I believe garlic has the same effect as the Voogle, although I've never heard of Voogle until a few days ago, in this forum.
----
Really? Then I will update the forums for the Corys and Voogle is an excellent product I use it whenever my fish begin to look ill
Old 01-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's nice to know products that members have had luck with.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post
It's nice to know products that members have had luck with.
---
It definitely works, it is something I recommend all fish owners to have when their fish are ill; or even to prevent

Tags
ick, sick, sick fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com