Have lost 3 guppy to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok the frist one dyied Monday morning. The secound two days later { Wedsday afternoon } the latest yesterday evening { Friday }
The only signs of anything is it looks like every skil on the fish is stick str8 out away from it's body. I noticed it on the secound one to dyi. I noticed it to late to get pics of it. But this last one the only male to dyi. I got some pics.

All the other fish in the tank are with out any signs of it.
1. No new fish has been added to the tank in over 7 months.
2. The water primes are perfect with no changes of any kind in them in over 8 months.
3. Weekly WC's of 50% on every monday. With a 25% WC in the middle of the week around Thruesday.
4. PH- 5.9 to 6.0 depends on the day of the week either before or frist day after wate change for the 6.0
GH-80ppm
KH-50ppm /Dh 4ppm
nitrites- 0 -
nitrates - 0 -
Amonnia - 0-
Alkai 0.9ppm

efe05e4a.jpg

In this pic. it looks fuss around the belly area
efe05e3d.jpg

None of the skils past the mid area of the body are standing up at all. It's just in the bely are of the body where the damage is
efe05e34.jpg

All the color in the body area is either gone or disstorted badly and not just from the skils being raised.
efe05e3f.jpg

I'm in Florida on Spring brake and My mother in law is taking care of the tank and wil be the one doing the dosing of meds if any woud help. So I'll have to put it in layman terms for her to understand.
If any meds can be used what and how much?? What should I do as far keeping it away from my Apisogramma { If it's not to late }
Thanks for any help. Any and all input will be used and taking.

looks like droopsy

maracyn two - use to package directions. Do not know about the Apisogramma, check the internet to make sure there are no sensitivities to medications. Good luck

It looks like dropsy...dropsy can be contagious but isn't always. Maracyn Two does work if you catch it early enough, I've saved a danio with it

It looks like possibly dropsy, Maracyn II, Jungle fungus eliminator will help dropsy. Water change before hand and take out any active carbon from the filter. I believe they can be used with the Apisogramma.

Back
Top Bottom