Healthy fish get symptoms and die within 12 hrs?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeepGuy91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is only affecting my tiger barbs and red sarpae teteras. They look fine and healthy but then develop symptoms of swollen red lips, thier nose seems to be missing (dont quote me on that), and the skin has a pale looseness to it. It only affects the head area. They always die within 8-12 hours and its only been one at a time every other day. Hole in head? Body fluke? No idea.

My camera sucks at focusing so sorry in advance for the bad pics. Oh and also at least with the current sick fish that his swim bladder is malfunctioning. Once he hits a current in the tank he'll flip around for a few seconds and right himself and swim normally again.

Attachments

• 20160527_200027.jpg
    20160527_200027.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 53
  • 20160527_200017.jpg
    20160527_200017.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20160527_200011.jpg
    20160527_200011.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 52
They look sick to begin with. I would question your LFS health quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its the same fish lol but the store I get them from are pretty serious about their fish care, I hardly ever see sick fish in their tanks. I bought the group of fish about 3 weeks ago so maybe its just battle injuries getting infected? My water isnt the issue as I tested it and its fine.

To have fish lost that quick I'd favour either water chemistry off somewhere or bacterial infection like columnaris. I mention water chemistry as eg sometimes water companies may do work on pipes, etc.

If your tank is cycled, nice and warm, i too would just take them back and get fish from a seperate store.

How many tiger barbs are you getting. Do you see them fighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased 8 of them, only 5 now. But yeah if I watch them theres clearly a alpha and not sure if its nature being nature but hes very aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom