Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-21-2004, 03:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

heaterless and ich infested :?

help!! i have an infestation of ich in my tank! the problem is that i dont have a heater so i can't cure it that way (i live in the tropics).. are there any other effective methods that can get rid of it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 01-21-2004, 08:24 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

jeni_shirlaw...

If you can't raise the temperature in your tank then you're limited to using one of the commercial ich remedies. You don't say what kinds of fish you have in your tank or whether you have any invertebrates (snails, shrimp, etc.) in there. I've had good luck using a product called Aquari-Sol to treat ich, though I usually use it in combination with elevated temperatures. Aquari-Sol is one of the copper based medications so it will probably kill any invertebrates in the tank (if there are any).

Old 01-21-2004, 08:38 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
Its always good to have a heater, even in warm climates, for situations like this or if there's a random cold night at some point. They only turn on at a certain temperature and below, so you should probably keep one on hand. A heater runs $10-20 so you could easily spend that much on ick meds over time.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:15 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks .. yeh thats probably a good idea. I'll get one cos i guess my airconditioner would lower the water temp to about 24Celcius at night.. can fish tolerate a daily 4 degree temp change?

Haha cold nights in Singapore? I wish :P

Tags
eat, eater, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com