help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppylove24

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My fish tank is really bubbly at the surface of the water and has a really high Ph level. Yesterday I found a dead male guppy and I found another dead pregnant female this morning. I have two other pregnant gups and two babies in a separation in my tank. Please any advice so my babies and other beautiful guppies along with two picasimus don't die!!!

guppylove24 said:
My fish tank is really bubbly at the surface of the water and has a really high Ph level. Yesterday I found a dead male guppy and I found another dead pregnant female this morning. I have two other pregnant gups and two babies in a separation in my tank. Please any advice so my babies and other beautiful guppies along with two picasimus don't die!!!

Test your water !!

Do a large water change.
Run you tap for at least a minute before you start filling your bucket.

Make sure you use Prime or another good water conditioner.

Check your temperature.

Retest your water. Post all your results.

What size tank?
How many/what kinds of fish ?
How often are you changing water ?

You added two Plecostemus to your new 10g tank ???

Are they Common Plecos ???

They are poop machines and you are seriously overstocked. Return them immediately.
10g is too small for any Pleco species. No no no

After you get some Algae you can add a nice snail. Not when your tank is new.

Prevent Algae. Don't buy Algae eating fish.

There is just one small picasumus and another small algae eating fish...they are both the same size as the guppies. The fish that i found dead were just alive and well eating and all and just hours later found them dead randomly. The female that i found today had a large green spot on one side of her

What are your readings?

And what the heck is a picasumus? Are you referring to a plecostomus?

Back
Top Bottom