Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zhuber

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55 gallon tank with somewhat of a ich problem i have 2 angels no sign of ich 3 blue rams 2 have ich 3 plecos and they had babies they hide i have no idea how many i got 2 clown loaches and three tetras im using quick cure as recommended by a local store whos very legit but my heater hasnt been keeping the water to warm and is going on and off idk if i have a problem or not but i need help im trying my best. :banghead::confused::(:thanks:

Hi! Welcome to AA!!! It sounds like you may need a new heater if its not maintaining a stable temp. Keeping the temp stable will help limit stress while your treating. How do your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph) look? You want to keep their water as healthy as possible while treating. Please ask if you have any questions!

So i most likely need a new heater? And so far after one day of treatment it seems a little better.

yeah i did that im not sure on the watts when i went to look the light was flickering??? I got this tank from a guy down the road who didnt wanna take care of it anymore due to wanting to travel.

Then I'd say you'll need a new one. Depending on where you live and the temperature where you live is what I kinda go off of. If you live somewhere that gets under 15 degrees outside I'd try and get a 250 watt to be on the safe side. Plus it will hold the temp. better. Otherwise a 200 watt should do

great news the treatment my lfs Nahackys seemed to work i see maybe a little dot here and there on some of the fish but other then that they seem healthy happy and colorful !! And ive been using the other heater the guy gave me and it seems a okay.(y):fish2:

Back
Top Bottom