Help !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dkscheip

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Baby goldfish was injured this summer shortly after birth. His tail was eaten off and is starting to grow back but he stays nose down all the time. There for a while he was swimming around. It was nose down or up side down. I feed him weekend feeders well little pieces of one. Is something else wrong? I love my fish and this was the first time mine have bredImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413921699.391952.jpg

Tailless died yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It is sad. I was very upset. I feel I failed him.

Yes weekend feeder is a solid that sits on bottom of tank and can feed multiple fish for a weekend or more. Lots of pet stores use them in the goldfish tanks. I used a very small piece to feed him sense he could not come to top to feed. I would change part of water before adding a new one. This worked well for over two months. He seemed to get better then went to not moving as much

Thanks for the reply. It's hard to comment. Here the weekend blocks are not that great so I don't consider them for long term feeding. I don't even really like them for a week away and prefer to have an autofeeder (but like I say, weekend blocks are not the greatest product here).

I had never used them before until tailless. I didn't know what else to do. I tried flakes but I wasn't sure he could find them when the finally sank. Those white things where the best I could do for him an know he was eating.

Thank you. I pulled some of his siblings out of the pond and gave them away he was so small compared to them. I think there was more then I could see what was wrong. I just get so attached to these little guys. This was the first year my fish had bred or not eaten all the eggs. I've had some of these goldfish for over 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom