Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yumshazyum

Aquarium Advice Newbie
as you can see by the attached piccie my fish does not look to well !!! ( thats if the attachment works !!! lol its tail has slowly been bending upwards for a while now....... any one any ideas ??????

oh so the piccie did not work !!! oh well am new to this !!!

well its a goldfish !!! and its tail has started to bend upwards and sorta bending over itself too !!!!

wish I could get the piccie to work it would be so much easier !!!!

What is your set up like? How long has it been up and running? What other occupants do you have in with your goldfish?

And lastly, what are your water parameters???

I have a 40gallon tank...... been up and running for over two years now...... I have 12 fish in all !! goldfish, blackmoors and a couple of catfish !!! not sure what the water papameters are I get them checked ever month at the local fish shop and he says there are no problems at all !!!

the fish in question is about 2 years old and about 3inch long

It seems as though a two year old goldfish should be much bigger than 3" (unless perhaps it is a fancy breed I don't know about). Your tank might be overstocked depending on how big the other inhabitants are, and your fish's health is probably related to a water quality issue. Any more details you could give us about the other fish and your filtration would be helpful, along with information about your cleaning routines.

I don't know a whole lot about goldfish, but your goldie should be bigger after 2 years.

My father in law has had some goldies for about 1.5 years and they are all over 3 inches long.

I personally think that even if you are doing water changes 2-3 times a week, your tank is still overstocked. All those goldies are very high waste producers.

hope this works !!!

ok its not easy to measure a goldfish........lol...its about 4.5 inches !!!!

[center:f264d9bebb] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, yumshazyum! :n00b: [/center:f264d9bebb]

You are certainly overstocked. Most goldfish lovers will say 10 gals per goldie. When you get your water checked ask for the exact values, or invest in your own test kit.

When did this bending of the tail begin occurring? Is anything else happening with the fish--swimming sideways, unabel to eat, getting picked on, etc.?

Back
Top Bottom