HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j_randall1702

Aquarium Advice Regular
My oscars are laying on the bottom, on the bottom of the tank, and I have had 1 loach disapear, and the other is staying at the surface!!!

PH 7.0
Nitrate .25
Nitrite 0
Ammonnia 0

What is going on!!!! They were like this when I came home from work!!!! I see some pieces of corn on the bottom of the tank....I think my litle nephew my have put it in there!!!!!

You may need to talk with your nephew ASAP....it is entirely possible that the corn is not the only thing he put in there....and the oscars would have probably gobbled up everything that hit the water until they could swallow no more.

First order of business is to initiate a 50%-75% water change and get your nephew and find out what he may have put in there.

Are they moving around at all and if so is it kind of awkwardly, tilted, and slow?

He may have stuffed your fish full to bursting in which case their swim bladders are being pushed on. You can cure this by fasting your fish for two or three days.

I have talked to him wont fess up to nothing, doing the water change now.....Both loaches are gone.....My oscars are not far behind, they are in a 20 gal qt tank, but not looking any better..

Back
Top Bottom