HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*hugs* I am so very sorry for your loss. In some counties now, fish are considered animals and this sort of thing can be considered animal abuse/cruelty. You might want to check with local authorities.

I hope you get a new one! So sorry again...

You need to get him out of the 15 gallon tank and into at least a 45 gallon tank, where he belongs

LMW, please read everything that I wrote, the fish is dead. Besides, he was happily living in a 15 gal by himself for over 15 years. if a fish lived that long in a 15 gal with frequent water changes, then its safe and healthy. its not like I never changed his water and left him in his own filth.

15 gallons is small for that type of fish... regardless it sounds like he had a long life but maybe next time around you might not wnat to get such a large fish for that tank.

So sorry to hear that he didn't make it. Your ex should be strangled IMO. Regardless what is done is done and I'm very sorry both for the loss and your ex.

I think I'll get a couple of guppies, they're pretty and easy to care for.

thanks for the acknowledgements everyone, and thanks for trying to help :)

Why not try a school of Neon or Cardinal tetras and 3 cories? would make an active tank that you don't have to worry about having a tank fully of baby guppies (that and they are bland IMO)..

Again, sorry to hear the fish didn't make it.

it really sux that your ex did that to you but i guess its good that you are out of that situation... There's a lot more options than guppies so make sure you do a lot of research and find some fish you will really enjoy. If you want to invest in a bigger tank you could have an oscar or Jack dempsy or african cichlids or something.

Good luck in re-stocking your tank. Although sad to lose fish it can be fun to remodel.

I have no room for a bigger tank. I invested in a 150 gal salt water tank, and that took up my main space, Im stuck with a 15 gal.

Im actualyl starting fresh.. sandy bottom, live plants for a change. I want to try for a more natural enviroment. and of course, while it cycles, I'll do more research to see what else is out there.

live plants are fun.. thats what im doing with my 10 gallon... going for medium light planted tank. It's a bit more of a challenge but its lots of fun and very rewarding even when something goes wrong you still learn something new everytime.

Im still learning after about 5 years with my salt tank, lol. I havent really done anything with the 15 gal my jack was in. He'd pull up the plants, push all the gravel to one side, attack anything that I put in, so he was pretty much in an empty tank and I wasnt able to decorate it nice and pretty. now I can, lol.

Back
Top Bottom