Help!!!!! Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazy4fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Help I have two angle fish both with damage fins. I have been cleaning my water a lot the past month but thy are not growing back. I realized someone is biting them. I think my angel fish are bully each other how do I stop this??? I have 2 small angel fish in a 20gallon tank. I know they will grow out of the 20gallon and I have a 30gallon tank ready. How do I stop them from bully each other?!

Arnt angel fish better with other angel fish in the tank? Are they are solitaire fish?

Well, in larger tanks, you can have a school but since you have a smaller tank, there's not enough territory able to claim, actually, a 30 can only support one full grown angel

well what other fish are in with them. if there are no fin nippere then its probably them fighting. if u have another tank take them out and re-arrange the tank rocks plants and all decore if possible. then when its time to shut the lights off put them back in when its dark. make sure you have tall plants in there because angel fish feel more secure with them. some angels are just mean , remeber they are of the cichlid variety and have to be re-homed or kept by them selfs. try this before re-homeing it. then if no good results take him back to where u got it and trade it for another and see what happens . pm me if i can help further

I have the following in my 450L tank.

5 Discus
3 Angels
30 Tetras of different types
5 Clown Louches
8 Leopard Cory
5 Bronze Cory
6 Peppered Cory

As u know discus are very sensitive fish and there is bound to be some territorial behaviour. This usually goes away after territory is established. This is why the bigger the tank the better. My tank has no plants. I have driftwood, Dragonrock, and adding spiderwood soon. I suggest you get a larger tank but if that's not possible you need to look at the root cause of this problem.
1. How, what and how often do u feed them
2. What sizes are your angels
3. Are u sure it's not fin rot

Let me know

M

Back
Top Bottom