help asap! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubleguppy_2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
a few days ago both fish tanks were infected with ich. My mother dropped off some nox ich and said LPS said I should use it. I used hald dosage reading online that that's the best thing to do I came home found 1 fry dead and 2 more with air bubbles knocked off. They're not swimming much but I have no where else t put them. And my females in tank 2 are all duddled in one corner breathing fast and swimming in space.
Any help please!

I'm not sure if I am correct so I wouldn't trust my advice but my bettas were showing the same symptoms and all of them are separated with totally different water.
Some of them only stayed at the bottom of the tank and breathed heavily which sounds like what yours are doing and some of them had some sort of velvet or ich looking stuff...
In the end I realized they were getting extremely skinny and would refuse their food and when one of them died there were worms coming out of it...
I brought the treatment for internal parasites and fluke worms the second I found this out and used it on one of my sick fish but he still died...
I'm sorry but I didn't want to leave you with no answer seeing as that is what all but one person did to me on this forum.
I'd say act as soon as possible and good luck! Iv lost 6 fish this week and I don't want anyone else to feel like I do :(

I'm going through the same, I already lost four mollies cause if ich and it's barely in my tank I'm starting treatment today.

Yeah all my females were near the plants inn one corner all together after I stopped watching them they came out. The female tank had their first treatment of ich yesterday. Half dosage considering the blue dye it has.

I think it may also be the parasite bc they produced a whiteish pink poo but they also did that before they had their baies last time.
Mixed signals for sure.
And all my fish are guppies.

Good luck! It sucks to have fish die especially when you see them suffering and no matter hat you do they still die :(
I was completely heartbroken when my betta of 5 years died even though I spent about $150 to save him :(
I hope no more of your fish die!!

Thanks and I had one fry die last night and maybe another but I can't tell if its bc of the noxich or just bc there babies:\ they were my first fry ever and I had a female die a few days ago before I notcied the ich.
And yeah it sucks. Hopefully the stick it out. Thanks for your help! :)

Well my females are acting the same staying in one corner being very still. One seems to have squared off but won't deliver. She had like a clear discharge and I'm worried she's holding in her babies..sometimes they're alone but most of the time they're stuck to each other. I'm not kidding

ForumRunner_20120729_230251.jpg

Idk what to do. I had one fry die the rest are ok now and in my male tank my algae eater is dying because of med and he's to fast to catch :(

Aww :( try looking really carefully and make sure ich is actually what's wrong with them.
I have no clue when it comes to guppies but I'm only relating to what iv experienced with my bettas

Do a couple of partial water changes and use water that is very slightly warmer than the tank water. I have never had Ick since I started doing this. You will be able to get the water cleaned up and in a better condition. Several good pwc after treatment will help clean up the water too.

There is a article I think about how to treat Ich with raising the temp of the water.

Medication can harm snails and inverts.

Also check on the API Super Ick Cure or General Cure. I am not sure of that kind of medication you mentioned the API Ick will turn the water bluish but may not want to use it if you want shrimp. I believe it has copper or other malacite blue something which maybe bad for shrimp, snails/inverts, I know a big dose of copper is deadly for them. Sorry short on time for better more thorough answer.

Well my algae eaters fine. My guppies had ich for sure one was covered in it.(he started it) and so I treated the whole tank and now he's good. But my females this morning all there gravid spots have disapeared!

ForumRunner_20120730_103006.jpg

Idk what to do anymore.

Is your tank close to sunlight? I made that mistake once and my tank broke out in ick and so sort of slime. I moved the tank and it cleared up fast.

This is my 5 gal. I'm getting a 16 gal in a few hours and my males are in a 10 gall. Its near my window now but it won't be for long because of my new tank and ima use that one for my fish if ever sick.
My males tank got ich and they're cleared now and so are my females.

Your females will get pregnant again, so don't worry about that. At least they are seeming to get better.

Larger tank is more forgiving than small ones, clean fresh (treated or filtered) water is also very important, in all tanks.

Doing pwc on a regular basis like weekly or 2x a week, if you have a bigger bioload will help and I had terrible problems with Ick at one point and since adding very slightly warmer water at pwc time I haven't had Ick since in over 10 years.

Sometimes keeping fish is a bigger chore than expected and it is disheartening when tragic illness or problems hit or keep hitting. I have had numerous setbacks, even recently, but the fish and inverts are so rewarding when you get in the groove. :)

Well everything is ok my females are still sticking to their group but I woke up this morning to 7 fry! No clue who had them and 2 females have squared out.
Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom