HELP !!! Betta with PopEye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishaFishay

Aquarium Advice Regular
So Today in the Morning I went to go feed my Betta in his 3 Gallon tank , I noticed that his eye was huge and whitish (he was normal yesterday night) so I quickly changed his water 100% and added api salt , I feed him afterwards and he ate and does not swim out of the normal . His coloration is normal . Is this Pop Eye or some other disease ? I have Terra Fungus Guard with me if needed , I can get any other med too .

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1425156693719.jpg
    1425156693719.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 67
I had a similar situation with a Cory catfish. I treated it with API General Cure and it worked well for that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is it one or both eyes? Also I'd go epsom salt as it will help drain the fluid. one eye means it is an injury (still possibly infected however) most likely and two eyes means its either a (most likely) definite infection or water quality. Test your parameters.

When I had popeye I treated with an anti bacterial known as furan 2. At the very least it helped drain it and prevent infection. It eventually healed. Fully.

Will clean water and Api salt do for now ? I can only buy meds in the weekend or Friday .

One . But it doesn't look like a damage caused it .

Its the one for freshwater though .

What are your parameters? If it's one it's probably an injury. Do you have plastic plants in his tank?

I'd find the dosage for epsom salt and do that for now but do not keep it in longer than 7 days as it can cause dehydration. Also before you do that he lives alone yes?

Furan 2 will help with the swelling. Aq salt is better for external wounds. Try the epsom. Imo this is not bloat - bloat is parasitic and can cause Popeye but both eyes are usually popped out with fluid.

The other poster could have had bloat which is why api gen cure worked in that situation. Imo this is just an injury with fluid in the eye

Before you try meds try conservative treatment.. clean water and epsom salt and water changes.

He has one plastic plant in the tank . Its silk though . I don't think it's an injury it looks like there is like a white coating and some of it is peeling from the side . Will he be ok until Friday or Saturday ?

Tank parameters are unknown right now :( Havent tested them in the last 2 weeks .

Do you have plastic plants? What decorations do you have and what are they made of? Do any of them have sharp edges?

I have a blue plastic plant made from petco . It's silk but has some points .

Back
Top Bottom