HELP- Bloated Bichir

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its everything you need to now about Polypterus right at your finger tips!!!

That site is the BOMB!!!

The Same...He is fixing to go for an Epsom salt bath...just incase it is constipation from parasites.
Today is the last day for the Maracyn treatment. I will start Jungle Parasite clear tomorrow after I do a water change.
Thanks for checking...I will keep everyone updated!

Inky said:
The Same...He is fixing to go for an Epsom salt bath...just incase it is constipation from parasites.

Hold off...one treatment at a time is best.

I will start Jungle Parasite clear tomorrow after I do a water change.

Do a couple of 40% changes on top of one another, and run some activated carbon for a few hours before starting the Jungle (which, by the by, is completely efficacious on bichir parasites at 70% dose.).

I have a gourami who seems to be suffering from the same thing and am hoping everyone will keep writing down ways to help. He has done this before, scales sticking out he is SO big. I was going to have him put down today but decided to try here first. Since the problem sounds exactly the same, i didnt want to start a new thread, but i will if I need to.

(Not over eating, but is still eating a little. No sign of any parasite big enough for me to see. Not in a QT tank as they are all being babysat and I cant get him into one but none of the other fish are effected at all. Because of the babysitting situation, I cant tell if he is constipated.)

Please help both of us :cry:

Sherrilee

dream_bc said:
I have a gourami who seems to be suffering from the same thing and am hoping everyone will keep writing down ways to help. He has done this before, scales sticking out he is SO big. I was going to have him put down today but decided to try here first. Since the problem sounds exactly the same, i didnt want to start a new thread, but i will if I need to.

(Not over eating, but is still eating a little. No sign of any parasite big enough for me to see. Not in a QT tank as they are all being babysat and I cant get him into one but none of the other fish are effected at all. Because of the babysitting situation, I cant tell if he is constipated.)

Please help both of us :cry:

Sherrilee

In your case, it sounds like dropsy....I would suggest quarantine and an aggressive, broad spectrum antibiotic treatment immediately.

I've had limited Success using Maracyn-Two (saved 1 out of 3 with dropsy).

I agree that it does sound like dropsy as well.

Back
Top Bottom