HELP: Bumps on GBR head!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah Joe was a great fish, a lot of personality that's for sure. As much as I really love cichlids I don't know that I would get any more. At least not the RAM varieties.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah Joe was a great fish, a lot of personality that's for sure. As much as I really love cichlids I don't know that I would get any more. At least not the RAM varieties.

Keyholes:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I added a small air stone about two weeks before the hith started. It's just a small bubble trickle. Could this be a factor? He was great for the first 8 months so I think I may have stressed him. A week after I added it I saw him hiding in the back near it.

I have always tested with my API master kit and the results show great water quality. Nitrites 0 ammonia 0 nitrates 5-10 and ph at 7. I keep the temp at 82F. I have been feed a large variety of food from New life spectrum pellets, omega1 flakes, and thawed blood worms. He also got involved with the kuhli loaches and nibbled at some sinking wafers and shrimp pellets.

He was healthy and happy for so long :(

75 gallon, 30 gallon, 20 gallon

Mine hit after I had my boy for 10 months. No idea why either, a I could think of is I did a rescape with the foreground if my tank.

I don't believe in my case or yours water quality is an issue. Our diets are almost identical too.

What's the rest of your stock like?

Mine hit after a major rescape, I'd chalk it up to stress and a possible mini cycle. Aqua- any major changes in the tank. The airstone may have stressed him, did he seem bothered?

Sorry about your GBR losses.

He was in my 30g with 6 rummynose tetra and 6 khuli loaches and two african dwarf frogs. Now he is in the QT. I think stress is the reason because I did cause some disruption when adding the air stone and hiding the tubing.

Sadly, my LSF doesn't carry Metro. They did have some API General Cure so I picked that up. I will order Metro online but didn't want to wait a long time to treat. The API GC says it treats HITH (hopeful it helps). I plan to treat asap when I get home from work.

The guy there said I should add aquarium salt. I have never used it before. What is your guy's take on it? Do you think I should add aquarium salt?

75 gallon, 30 gallon, 20 gallon

A little salt will help, I believe the metro is in the Gen cure. Good luck.

I would suggest a dose of 2 tablespoons per 5g for the salt and yes in this situation it can help.

General cure provide a bath, heximita is best treated internally. Its a parasite. Once you get the metro, use warm water to dissolve and add food to soak. Then feed.

Your window is likely.small for feeding due to the fact that you fish is likely.to lose its appetite pretty soon as it gets worse. Unfortunately hith is hard to beag and takes a long time. The longer the fish is sick the less to continue to eat.

Back
Top Bottom