HELP!! cory bleeding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today when I went to feed my fish I checked on my corydora and it has a red mark under it's scales that REALLY looks like blood! Should I quarantine it????
Should i use meds!?
Aaah I'm freaking out! Iv had this Cory for a while now and it's always been with my bettas
About 2-3 months ago I put it in my 67 with two apistos and all my females that I bred (even males that don't need to me separated)
And I havnt introduced any new fish in a while.
I looked at the Cory yesterday and there was nothing on him so it must of happened over night :S
My bettas and apistos are really friendly and I havent seen any of my fish ever get violent

Stock is
18 female bettas
3 male bettas
2 apistogramma viejita
6 cories (4 pepper 1 albino and 1 other one :S)

Please help

Attachments

• image-1879365441.jpg
    image-1879365441.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 163
It could've injured itself one ornaments / decor. I'm not seeing any torn fins to indicate bullying or attacks ... And I'm assuming it's not hiding and acting normally? If so, I'd say PWC's ... Clean water'll go a long way in healing.

If it's getting worst ... Infected, then you should QT.

I have plenty of spare tanks if that's what's going to be better? He's acting fine and eating like a little piggy as per usual
And I guess it could be that because there's this one place that he loves to go that has a pretty sharp plastic plant but I cant really remove it because te plant is attached to the really big ornament :S

And how can I tell if it is infected?

infected injuries ... from what I've seen ... develop fungus patches, sores etc .. it's what happened to two of my Green Tiger Barbs.
Consider the numberous microbes in the water, it's not to hard to imagine injuries getting worst.

In this case .. it looks like its got the fish equivalent of a papercut .. it's behavior should tell you what you need to know. Keep in mind ... cories are partially scaleless if I'm not mistaken ... so a similar injury on another fish would probably look like a missing scale.

On second thought ... I took a closer look at the pic and the cut's on the side, cories are scaless on the bottom if I remember. Either way it got itself fairly good, guess it's a little deeper papercut than I thought. Still ... if it's eating and acting normal, not much to do but monitor and PWC's.

I guess it's not that serious as it isn't acting differently at all :/

To me it REALLY looks like some blood trapped under a scale but I have been seeing some little pinkish worms wriggling through the water.
Theyve been in the tank for a while and don't seem to get anywhere near my fish

Back
Top Bottom