Help despararely needed !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chloefinn2003

Aquarium Advice Regular
Please help me I'm very worried about my tropical tank. In the last 3 days I've had 8 fish die. The day before I added. Some guppies and new plants. Is this just a coincidence. I did pay when the first one died. My fighting fish but it's just got worse. I think a couple of barbs are on their way out now. I've been to my lfs but they r adamant it's not them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've done a 90 litre water change today and removed the plants just in case that's it. My tank is 180 litres

Thank you in advance

They haven't changed all along. Off the top of my head ... The nitrite was a bit high but always has been. Ph is 7.2 nitrate is 0. I think the ammonia was 2. I did get a water sample checked at lfs but they said it was fine

Ammonia at 2. Is really, really bad. And if the nitrite is high a water change well help lower the LVLS of your tank.

There's something that just doesn't add up properly. What is your tank stock, how long has the tank been running ? Ammonia at 2 is bad and high nitrites are bad as well.

How long have you had the tank? If you have both ammonia and nitrites than your tank is not cycled which is why your fish are dying

Back
Top Bottom