Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-16-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

help diagnosing with an african dwarf frog and a betta fish!!!

Hi All! I just wrote a huuuge entry but my computer SUCKS and everything got deleted so now I'm quite peeved but I'll try to re-write everything I just wrote. I'm having a problem with my african dwarf frog and betta fish.
My african dwarf frog got sucked into my filter a few weeks ago and I've been "nursing" him back to health. I put him in a small tank with low water so he could get to the air without overexerting himself as he mangled up his left arm and leg. Because he was in a small tank with no filter, I think it got too dirty (over the course of ... 2 days?) and he acquired a fungal infection. I treated him for that and the fungus went away. Things were good.. until I found him belly up one morning. I thought he had died but he didnt.... I thought I might have overmedicated him so I stopped the medication. Now his skin is peeling and I looked that up and it appears to be normal for these frogs to shed however, he has been doing it for about a week straight and has developed something on the top of his head that looks as if his skin has been taken off. I began treating for a bacterial infection but the truth is, I have no idea and I need some help. Please review pictures below.
Second, my betta fish has just recently (over the past few days) developed some sort of infection where it looks like his coloring is being taken away near his head/neck area. I looked it up, thought Velvet to be a possibility, but I really don't know. He isn't symptomatic (appears to be acting normal).... I have also taken pictures of him. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Sorry this entry sucks.. my last one was uber detailed....

OK so just my luck, pictures wont post.. I've created an account just for these pictures!!!!! Snapfish: Share:Registration
(with special attention to pics 11 and 12 as they are the best in my opinion..)

Old 09-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I can't help with your frog unfortunately, and you need an account on that site to view the photos. But it may be possible (since he's losing coloration but otherwise fine) you have a marble betta.
A couple articles:
Betta Splendens - Half Moon, Double Tail, Crown Tail Bettas - E3 - Marble
Betta Splendens - Half Moon, Double Tail, Crown Tail Bettas - The Ever-Changing Marble

Tags
african, african dwarf frog, betta, betta fish, dwarf, dwarf frog, frog

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com