Help! Discus ich :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knutsen1122

Aquarium Advice Freak
My new Wayne Ng leopard and leopard snakeskins have ich. I really don't want to medicate them and need some advice on what I can do. I've read things about heat and aquarium salt but I've also heard discus are sensitive to salt. Please help!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406175632.665441.jpg

I used heat and aquarium salt with mine and they were fine. Heat and salt are natural and in my opinion are the best ways to get rid of ich! Especially heat!

Keep the temp at 32C for at least 10 days. Discus do like the warmer temps so this should not harm them and it is best you keep them between 28-32 degrees Celsius for good growth (this method worked well for me). Then you put in the appropriate dose of aquarium salt and in this case i recommend API aquarium salt. And everytime you do your water changes you replace the salt you put in to the aquarium the first time.

I am not to sure on how many water changes you are supposed to do and you might need to research this or someone else needs to tell you because i am not to sure?! But i think a good start would be a %50 water change every 2-3 days.

Hope this helps!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I used heat and aquarium salt with mine and they were fine. Heat and salt are natural and in my opinion are the best ways to get rid of ich! Especially heat!

Keep the temp at 32C for at least 10 days. Discus do like the warmer temps so this should not harm them and it is best you keep them between 28-32 degrees Celsius for good growth (this method worked well for me). Then you put in the appropriate dose of aquarium salt and in this case i recommend API aquarium salt. And everytime you do your water changes you replace the salt you put in to the aquarium the first time.

I am not to sure on how many water changes you are supposed to do and you might need to research this or someone else needs to tell you because i am not to sure?! But i think a good start would be a %50 water change every 2-3 days.

Hope this helps!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks Tom, I think I will do that. Seems like the best solution. I just hope it works quickly.

an other thing that helps is running a diatom or micro filter , It filters out the swimmers and the cysts that fall off the fish

another thing that helps is running a diatom filter or micro filter it will filter out the swimmers and the cysts that fall off the fish ,

Back
Top Bottom