Help! Dying Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryano13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I am in need of some advice. Over the weekend, I changed the filter cartridge on my filter. The next day I noticed the water getting rather white and murky. I had a Tiger Oscar that turned white and died. My Convict died last night. My Blood Parrot was showing signs of discoloration but now has black spots on his face and fin.

My 40 gallon tank reads: 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 10 nitrate, 75 ppm hardness, 0 chlorine, 60 ppm Alkalinity, 7.1 ph.

Does anybody know what is going on? I have no idea what to do. The water is still whitish.

Hello,

I am in need of some advice. Over the weekend, I changed the filter cartridge on my filter. The next day I noticed the water getting rather white and murky. I had a Tiger Oscar that turned white and died. My Convict died last night. My Blood Parrot was showing signs of discoloration but now has black spots on his face and fin.

My 40 gallon tank reads: 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 10 nitrate, 75 ppm hardness, 0 chlorine, 60 ppm Alkalinity, 7.1 ph.

Does anybody know what is going on? I have no idea what to do. The water is still whitish.

I'd suspect a bacterial bloom, more water changes and the bb re-establishing should fix.

Is that with a liquid based test kit for those readings?

Black spots could be healing from ammonia burns.

Back
Top Bottom