Help- Fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kat767

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just need to get some advice. I think my betta has fin rot and two of male fancy guppies dose this look like fun rot?
75 gallon

Attachments

• image-1612666260.jpg
    image-1612666260.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1404893784.jpg
    image-1404893784.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 63
It's hard to see much in those pictures. Nipping looks like clean cuts or circles missing from the fins. Rot looks like ragged, torn edges with white or black edges. The treatments the same. Lots of clean water and maybe the addition of some salt (depending on the types of fish in the tank).
Are they both in the same tank? Bettas sometimes attack guppies because they view them as a threat.

Mumma.of.two said:
It's hard to see much in those pictures. Nipping looks like clean cuts or circles missing from the fins. Rot looks like ragged, torn edges with white or black edges. The treatments the same. Lots of clean water and maybe the addition of some salt (depending on the types of fish in the tank).
Are they both in the same tank? Bettas sometimes attack guppies because they view them as a threat.

I had trouble and really couldn't see anything on the betta but the guppy looks rounded to me. So that's why I went with nipping/aggression.

The betta and two of the guppies are ragged not round like nips. And I hade to take one of my females back to the pet shop because she got some kind of infection and died. The guy said that it looked like she had fin rot along with a fungal infection that made her look like a cotton ball. And this happened in 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom