HELP first ICH outbreak ever. ...need advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The scary part is I "did" catch it early on when only 1 fish had it. I treated right away and thats when the s**t hit the fan. I have so far lost 50% of my fish! That stupid Ick Guard II and Melafix I think is what did it.
My water parmeters are still perfect 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 30ppm nitrate. Been doing 25% daily water changes (per LFS) and retreating every 24 hours per Ick Guard II.
Now my rafael has ick and cloudy eyes. I already am treating for fungus and cloudy-eye. Apparently what ever hit my tank hit it HARD and isnt going to let up :cry:

Hey I dont have a sugar daddy to buy me a UV light for $80. I balked at paying $38 for a heater!

So basically at this point - Wednesday night I have lost : 4 neon tetras, 2 large balas, 1 silver dollar, 2 yellow and black striped tetras, and my rafael right now is dying. Hes just sitting in his decorative stump and breathing really fast.

I am so P***ed off right now. I seriously can see why there are so many nice fish tank setups for sale on ebay! :twisted: I have had 90% of the fish that perished since the beginning... thats over 2 years now. I cant believe my rafael is dying! hes like the king of the tank..lol

Well anyways, I did a 25% water change last night and put in a few more teaspoons of ick guard I. I ran out of ick guard II. I dont think Im going to use that "pimafix" anymore I think thats what caused most of the deaths because after I treated with that, i started getting "floaters"... :(

Add up the ich medications and lost fish and I bet its going to come to close to $80. Plus, a bunch of YOUR fish didn't have to die. Don't you have a credit card?

Yeah ok rub salt in the wound :lol: Anyways my poor rafael died the other day, he turned white? It was sick. Ive been sick for the past month, I wonder if I picked up something from my tank... I do have a lot of cuts on my hands because I do a lot of work on cars and boats. Hmmm...

Anyways I ended up losing more than 50% of my tank. I am still treating for ich, even though none is visible on the fish. The temp still sits at 86F and I dont plan on lowering until maybe late next week. I am very bitter at ICH right now and Im feeling ugly :x

I guess the fish that "did" survive were the healthier younger ones. My Pleco is still kicking, though he doesnt do much of anything. I think hes lonely he lost his stump-sharing mate (the rafael).

I also heard something about keeping the lights off when you have an ICH outbreak, is there any truth to this?

Back
Top Bottom