HELP FISH 911 (anyone SW or FW)(update:she's gone)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my female rams is laying on her side but is breathing fine or a little hard. what can i do water 0nh4 0no2 5no3. what could be wrong. do rams ever sleep like this?

HELP PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Sorry, I have no idea what could be wrong. How are your other fish? Is she swimming around at all? Any marks on her? Is the male picking? Maybe she is stressed. :?

Sorry. How long have you had her? I've read lots about how rams are not hearty and hard to get acclimated. Perhaps it was just a bad fish. Sometimes there is no answer. Sorry for your loss. :(

Probably stress got to her with all the changes. Any other minor problems just would have been become nails in the coffin. You just recently got her if I remember correctly. Unfortunately most fish don't recover once you see these type symptoms from my experience or they seem to get better only to die within a few weeks.

As hard as it is to say Lepomis is quite right athat it is rare for them to recover. Sometimes I have to take fish in this condition out of the tank incase it is disease, often I have to humanely put them down. It is a hard decision to make, but I feel I have to be fair to the other fish. It could be due to some disease that I can't diagnose and it is better to get them out of the tank.

Sometimes weak specimens succumb to stress very easily.

Back
Top Bottom