Help fish are dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asmodyus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I am Slowly losing fish in my 10 gallon tank I had 3 Zebras, 4 Guppies, 2 Neon Tetra, and 2 pleco's. (Water Condition are Normal no Ammonia, nitrates, and ph is avg)

So I my recent fish are the Guppies and Neon's

So first fish Zebra got dropsy pine coned up and died, ran melafix soon as that happened. Second Fish Zebra bloated so much that it could not swim and died,
3rd Zebra got realy skinny and its back looked arched and it died.

Than one of my cobra guppies look like it's back half got paralyzed (which I noticed awhile back that its back looked weird and limp) and died.

SoI Went to LFS they gave me some medicine Netro Green something (yellow powder) treat tank 1/8 teaspoon daily 7 days 30% water change everyday.

On my 4th day and another cobra guppy which is back started to go down in a 45 a degree couple of days ago before is paralyzed from the back and cannot swim anymore.

So I now have left 2 Neons, 2 More cobra Guppies and 2 Pleco's that am going to be transferring to a 29 gallon but I am afraid that this issue still in the tank and could get transferred any thoughts continue with this medicine? all the other fish look fine nothing noticeable.

Are you sure your parameters are okay ? I can't help but believe they're out of whack with the two plecos. What are your numbers?

How old is this tank. Is it cycled, the plecos will be a future problem. Plecos are also huge waste producers

Is this tank cycled? That's a lot if fish in a 10, 2 Pleco's?
Pleco's are very very small and they are being moved to the 29 Gallon as soon as it done cycling which is in another week.

twiddlemuffin said:
Are you sure your parameters are okay ? I can't help but believe they're out of whack with the two plecos. What are your numbers?

Just checked it again

Ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
PH 8-8.2
Temp 72-74

Well if you're transferring them think of this as your qt tank and get them healthy! May have been sick when you got them. What kind of Pleco's? Even 2 bn could be a bit much for a 29, they get territorial, I know from personal experience.

Well if you're transferring them think of this as your qt tank and get them healthy! May have been sick when you got them. What kind of Pleco's? Even 2 bn could be a bit much for a 29, they get territorial, I know from personal experience.

Yeah that what I am pretty much doing I am just hoping that the Nitrofuracin Green will get rid of whatever was in the tank they told me that it was round about cure all so it should tackle whatever bacteria affection it was. So I just figure I get some other help I find LFS know about 50% of what there doing. Real Tiny Pleco is a baby clown not even an inch big and the other one is maybe an inch and its some kind of spotted version not the real expensive spotted ones.

Yeah that what I am pretty much doing I am just hoping that the Nitrofuracin Green will get rid of whatever was in the tank they told me that it was round about cure all so it should tackle whatever bacteria affection it was. So I just figure I get some other help I find LFS know about 50% of what there doing. Real Tiny Pleco is a baby clown not even an inch big and the other one is maybe an inch and its some kind of spotted version not the real expensive spotted ones.
I'm not familiar with the product, just keep a close eye on them, the clown will grow to 5", you should put a pic up of the spotted one to get id, if it's a common it can get very big!

I'm not familiar with the product, just keep a close eye on them, the clown will grow to 5", you should put a pic up of the spotted one to get id, if it's a common it can get very big!

14+-+1

Nm, someone else just did, pretty sure it's a common, prob think about taking it back?

Back
Top Bottom