HELP!!!! Fish on the verge of dying!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I bought some coppersafe and I'm going to add it to my tank. Should I treat the fish in the bucket separately and my tank separately or put the fish in the bucket back in the tank and treat the whole tank? He is swimming actively in the bucket and has improved........ And if anyone one has any experience or advice on coppersafe that would be great!

Just added 4 out of 5 doses of coppersafe to the main tank none I the bucket..... Still haven't gotten questions above answered. Another one of my danios is now lying on the bottom gasping and swimming every once in a while..... And one of my honey gouramis is also lying at the bottom and the other one has been in the same corner hiding for like three hours..... They are acting so weird!!!! Any advice would be GREAT!!!!

HELP!!!!!! Now one of my gouramis is gasping for air as well!!!!!!!!!!!!! What should I do?!?!?!?! He's on the bottom gasping for air!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I'll do that even though I just added the coppersafe........ I'll do a fifty percent....... Hopefully that WILL work?!? Any other suggestions?

Did they start acting worse after you added the copper safe? If it was before,maybe give it a chance to work. Good luck!

Ok thanks..... He is still gasping for air I think it's just been getting progressively worse I just might not have noticed it until now...... I should add the coppersafe back in with the water changes right?

Sorry, I have no experience with copper safe. I guess it's worth a try. So you see no ich spots on any of them? Good luck hope it helps.

It's fine.... I thought I saw one ich spot on one of the gouramis but it hasn't gone away and it's the only one I saw so I don't think it's ich. Coppersafe also treats other external parasites too so that's why I'm using it. I think my fish have gill flukes....

If your tank is still at 86 degrees and you no longer suspect ich, I would slowly lower it some, to about 78. That high of a temp could be stressing your fish, also do not add any salt to your replacement water. I've always stuck to the Tbsp-5gal rule and have had great success with that amount as too much salt can be worse for the fish.

Ok thanks that's what I've been doing and I didn't add any salt back in with the water change only the meds some novaqua plus and amquel.... I'm also going to feed them because I don't think that they were constipated in the first place...:)

Back
Top Bottom