Help for a mollie with swim bladder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rachael872211

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have a mollie with what I am sure is swim bladder. It all started about a month ago. My daughter found some advice on what to do online and we isolated her and she gave her reduced feeds. After a few days she seemed better and swimming normally so she was released back into the tank and was good for a couple of weeks. Now it's back but worse :-(
She is always on the bottom now instead of top like she was the last time and she has a curved spine and her tail fin seems like flat. Like it doesn't fan anymore.
I researched it again last night and found out she probably now has a bacterial infection.
I went to fish store today and after speaking with the person working there I think I got the stuff I need. He gave me a solution of something that will treat bacterial and fungal infections.
I have put the fish in the isolation tank. I've put the solution in the whole tank. I don't know if I have to stop feeding the poorly fish then feed her pea skins?
The solution is a 4 day course and today is day 1. If there is going to be an improvement when would I expect to see that?
I really hate seeing the mollie like this :-( I just want her to get better.

Back
Top Bottom