Help geophagus brasiliensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dane

Aquarium Advice Regular
My geophagus brasiliensis, or pearl cichlid, has the white bump on the side of his head and we don't know what it is. We noticed this just today and are fairly certain it wasn't there a few days ago. We tested the water today and the nitrates are some what elevated, I just added two fish, but other that that the water was ok. I do about a 10% water change every week with a 25% once a month. He is in a 72 bowfront. We would like to know what it is and if we can treat it. Any help is greatly appreciated. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427684815.745725.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427684833.377865.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427684849.712674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The bump got bigger today, he seems unaffected by it, he eats fine and is swimming normal. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Beautiful tank setup- love the plants. This fish is awesome! I have a geophagus, but he's mostly red.

Might be a bacterial infection (pure guess)- is it rubbing against rough surfaces? Does it seem like it's chafing?

Back
Top Bottom