Help! Goldfish going downhill fast!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
White stringy poo can sometimes indicate internal parasites, though not always. Maybe black spot or black smudge disease? I'm just guessing here.

I think that is the trouble - this is hard going as there seems lots of problems.

The time from the store is longer than I thought but I'm still thinking there was an issue from the lfs. The water specs seem fine on the cycling tank although probably not helping with fish stress (not that I can talk after foolishly losing a Molly on the weekend).

Update: last of the original trio died on Saturday. Have one that was a replacement. Not buying any more until he goes to the permanent home.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not too bad. Picking up some peas today and song a 90% water change. Didn't change it yesterday.

Not too bad. Picking up some peas today and song a 90% water change. Didn't change it yesterday.

What is your tap water ph and ph after 24hrs? Some water source can alter in ph quite a lot after 24 hours and even a shift in 1 either way is 10 x more acidic or base.

You could be constantly altering the ph in the water too quickly which may be causing problems?

Tap water is 7 after being aerated 24 hours. It's 6 straight from the tap. Needless to say, I have many buckets.

Gave him a 90% water change this evening, along with cooked peas, no skins. both tanks got peas today since its been a while since they had them

Back
Top Bottom