HELP!! Guppy got stuck!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robynleigh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had a female in my breeders net overnight as she looked close to having babies, and my new beautiful male guppy managed to get stuck behind it somehow - i thought he was dead - moved the net and he took off - now I noticed he isn't using his right fin and must have injured himself trying to get out - I have now put him alone in a floating small Tupperware container, so he can rest a bit and so I can figure out how to help him. There is no tears or anything - but he has definitely hurt it - how can I help him?? I don't have my hospital tank set up yet as it's being rebuilt due to a leak. HELP MEEEE

I use a large clear plastic type box as my recovery tank. I place it inside my 55g, attached to the side glass with glass magnets. It's not a hospital tank but I use it for any injured fish, my livebearers straight after birth or as a chill out tank for any aggressive fish.
It's actually a fish transport box, slightly altered....

Attachments

• $T2eC16ZHJGIE9nnWrPtqBQeRzoI9)w~~60_35.jpg
    $T2eC16ZHJGIE9nnWrPtqBQeRzoI9)w~~60_35.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF7351.jpg
    DSCF7351.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF7353.jpg
    DSCF7353.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 60
I went and got some melafix and have isolated him... Gosh I hope he is ok... !!

That's a nifty little design!! May need to use that!!
Yeah it's cheap and cheerful:cool:. I'm sure he'll be ok without the melafix, just some isolation. It won't do any harm though....

Best breeder box I've ever found. Uses an air pump to push water into the box which then flows back into the tank.

1888.jpg

I would keep an eye on him if he's not eating. It's only been a little while and it was a traumatic experience for him.

Back
Top Bottom