Help! Guppy staying at surface of the tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sc0pe92

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone.

OK I am a new fish tank hobbyist so this is my first tank ever! . I have 2 guppies 6 tetras and 2 RCS My tank has been cycling for a month already so it is fairly a new tank.(12g fluval edge) I did a 30% water change this past weekend when I got the 2 guppies and 2 RCS at a local fish farm.

So when I got the 2 guppies they were swimming happily around the tank now recently ive seen this one guppy just floating at the surface of my tank. I just finished feeding them so he did eat normally but then when he finishes eating he will just go back up to the top of the tank barely swimming. He has been behaving like this for a day and half already. The other guppy and tetras seem to doing just fine. His fins are waving around and theres no signs of fin rot.

I currently do not have a test kit so I am not able to give my water parameters.

Sometimes I will find him at the corners of the tank also or behind the heater.

Is this normal guppy behavior? Is he stressed? What can this be?

It is the gold guppy.

Attachments

• IMAG0247.jpg
    IMAG0247.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 85
You need a test kit. You can find one VERY cheap on Amazon. Don't trust the pet shops sometimes they don't know how to do them. how often do you change your water? Tank size?

Back
Top Bottom