Help Help!! Black Moor has fin & tail ROT!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy_Fishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Days ago it was still well n eat, then few days b4, had white dot like at the end of the fins or tail... then later around a week ago probably, fin n tail started to rot away... other fish nipped on it was 1 cause...

I got it out yesterday n put into a tub with airstone... I put Stress Coat, Aqua. Salt, n Melafix (little Pimafix)... Yesterday it was balanced, not so active, crawl around the bottom of the tub sometimes... Today same, but couldn't balance itself, crawl around the bottom not as freely as yesterday...

What else I can do?

R. I. P

This afternoon my dad bought the capsule from the pet shop n put whole thing in it which was too strong probably. I changed the water, a while later it died.

So sad, it only lived for few weeks in my home...

I don't think it was the medication unless you really misused it, but it may have been more of it just finally stressed itself to death from the disease and adding the medication in

Sorry for your loss Fishy. In another situation like you had, avoid adding so many chemicals. In your bucket of probably, I'm going to guess, less than 2 gallons of water, you added 5 different products. All meant well, but what the fish really needs is possibly some melafix and really good water quality. They can go a long way in treating a fish.

The white spots on the back of the fishs tail could have been a sign of ich, and then further infection set in.

Back
Top Bottom