help help help came home from work, no idea what to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anonrider12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
so i came back from work today and my 55 gallon was all cloudy and majority of my fish where either dead or barely in alive. what in gods name could of happened? just last week my parameters where all within in the normal range. what should i do now? break down the tank and start over or water change and keep going?
confused.gif

so i came back from work today and my 55 gallon was all cloudy and majority of my fish where either dead or barely in alive. what in gods name could of happened? just last week my parameters where all within in the normal range. what should i do now? break down the tank and start over or water change and keep going?
confused.gif

I can't tell you what happened, but do you have a quarantine tank that you can put the survivors in? Or even a bucket with pretreated water and maybe an air stone?

How often do you change your water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is hard to tell without knowing some history. Your parameters could have been fine last week but your pH could have dropped, temperature variations, lack of water changes, overfeeding, filter issue raising your ammonia etc

Your filter may have stopped. I know if you don't clean it out every month or so it can build up and be released.

Back
Top Bottom