Help, i think some fish have ick in my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
Some of my diamond tetras have little white specs on them. I also noticed on my bn pleco. I have had this tank for almost two months and not sure what to do when there is a problem.

What should I do? I have 6 peppered cory catfish, 6 diamond tetras, 4 neon rainbow fish, 7 neon tetras, and 1 young bristlenose pleco.

I want to raise the temp and add salt. I really don't want to add chemicals. My catfish and pleco are sensitive to salt j have read. I also read to raise my temp to 85. Will this kill some if my fish?

I treated ich with salt and heat and had plecos, cories, and clown loaches in the tank... and lots of plants. No issues with anything. Just get the heat up to 86-88 and get the salt in there, you should see some improvement within a week. Just remember that it gets worse before it gets better, so don't freak out if they look like they have albino chicken pox in a day or two.

How gradual should I raise the temp?
Should I gradually add salt also?

Not all my fish have it. The fish that do, have a few spots that I cam sew

Is it possible for the white dots to be gone already? The two fish that had the white specs seem to not have any now. I do see one spot left on the pleco. Maybe I caught it early before it really started to spread. Im not sure.

Back
Top Bottom