Help! Ich :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nameless01

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay so a few days ago I noticed my German blue ram had a few white specs on it, I didn't really think it would be ich, but a few days later I noticed they got a little bigger and more popped up. and I have now concluded its ich. At the moment only my German Blue ram is the one seriously infected but my silver molly and desert gobies are showing a few white spots. I don't have an extra tank to put the infected so I'm gonna have to cure it in the same tank. I've read up on curing it like raising the heat, water changes, salt, medications but I just wanted to ask how do you guys go about curing it, what have some of you guys done to cure it. What should i do any help will be much appreciated.
It's a 30 gallon community tank. There's tetras, danios, an angel, gourami, two gobies, a pair of mollies and the German blue ram. The parameters are all good. 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate

Those Ich or fungal treatments you can buy in the store work really well...I pair the treatments up 12 hrs later with an aloe Vera syrup, then repeat treatment in 36 hours. Haven't had much issue with Ich since treating promptly. All store-bought fish get fungal treatment.

Those Ich or fungal treatments you can buy in the store work really well...I pair the treatments up 12 hrs later with an aloe Vera syrup, then repeat treatment in 36 hours. Haven't had much issue with Ich since treating promptly. All store-bought fish get fungal treatment.

Where can I get some of that Aloe Vera stuff? Can you explain to me more in depth on how to go about this

Where can I get some of that Aloe Vera stuff? Can you explain to me more in depth on how to go about this

Any fish/tank store typically has an aloe Vera syrup. I prefer the one with aloe Vera label, not just containing aloe. I add extra salt to my Ich tank, pour in the aloe, remove carbon (and throw away-Leave out for 1 week), start Ich treatment. Most commercial treatments require daily water changes/vacuuming gravel, and reapplication of Ich treatment/aloe.

Back
Top Bottom